Wildlife Control Information
Biology and Behavior
What is Live Nuisance Animal Trapping? What is a Nuisance Animal?
Nuisance Animals can be defined as an Animal that causes or is about to cause property damage, presents a threat to public safety, or causes an annoyance within, under or upon a building. Live Traps are designed to Safely and Humanely remove or relocate Nuisance Animals from your property.
What should I do if i see an Animal in my yard?
Check with your City's Animal Control to see what their policy is and if there has been any reports of Rabid Animals. They will give you some good advice to consider. Keep an eye out for a pattern or any unusual activity
Can Wild Animals be dangerous?
Raccoons are usually a fairly calm animal but if you get too close to them and they feel threatened they could attack. If they have young close consider them dangerous. Raccoons are also known for carrying Rabies so it is best to stay as far away from them as possible. The Opossum is a very timid animal. The North American Opossum will actually play dead. Skunks are considered dangerous since they can bite when attacked, and their Bite could be infected. Skunks also carry the Rabies Virus. Skunks are known for their spraying of a nasty smell as a defense. Skunks can spray up to 10 Feet away. Always assume a Wild Animal is dangerous.
What are the signs of me having
Wild Animals in my yard?
Nuisance Animals like Raccoons, Skunks and Opossums are nocturnal or roam at night but they will also forage for food during the day food is scarce and if a female has a den of young. All of these will Animals will dig in the lawn or planters in search of grubs and insects to eat. Other signs are overturned trash cans, foot prints and feces. Strange noises in the attic or walls can be an indication.
Why are Wild Animals in my yard? Aren't they afraid of people and my dog?
These Animals have grown accustomed to living around humans. Pets, mean food and water dishes. A house to them looks like a suitable place to live, providing warmth, quiet and food.
How can I rid my house of a Wild Animal?
Provide less food for them. Try to trap them, and only use a Humane Catch Trap. Seal off all exterior openings after the animal is gone. But the best way is to call Rob at Cobra Pest Control.
Animal Deterrent Tips for your Home:
- Teach kids to never approach Wild Animals.
- If you trap yourself which your right, check with animal control.
- Inspect your yard for harborage areas. Hollow trees, under sheds, under decks and access to the attic.
- Be careful letting small pets out at night, this includes young kids.
- If you notice any Wild Animals during the day, many can forage at this time especially if they are rearing young. Check the animals appearance and report if they appear sick.
- Signs of an animal possibly infected with Rabies could be a staggering gait, seemingly oblivious to noise or nearby movement, erratic wandering, discharge from eyes or mouth, wet and matted hair on face, repeated high-pitch vocalization, and even self-mutilation. But an Animal infected may not have any outward signs. Always err on the side of caution.
- Don't feed Wild Animal from your yard.
- Clean up any feces found ASAP. They may contain Round Worm eggs. Dogs will eat poop.